About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary program provide will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on Tribal lands.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount.
Who Is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program, qualifications are listed below:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Tribal-specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TTANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Head Start
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Programs
Instructions to obtain your EBB Benefits:
1.) Submit your EBB program application to the Emergency Broadband Support Center, online or by mail.(current enrolled lifeline benefit customer’s are not not required to submit application)
2.) Once you’re approved, you’ll receive an email of qualification for the EBB program benefits with your application ID #.
3.) Complete and sign the EBB Customer OPT-IN Consent Form
(FCC Mandatory requirement for enrollment of ALL EBB program participating customers)
4.) Print your EBB Program approval notice received from the Emergency Broadband Support Center and your completed signed EBB Customer Opt-In Consent Form.
5.) Submit copy of EBB Program approval notice and Opt-In Consent Form to our customer service office in order to receive EBB program benefit credit on your bill.